Community Rules and Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
You may not use the AAPM Platform in a manner:
- prohibited by these terms;
- that may cause reputational harm to AAPM;
- that could damage, disable or impair the AAPM Platform, or
- that could interfere with another member’s use or enjoyment of the AAPM Platform.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Keep discussions, shared files and other content that is relevant to the discussion thread you are participating in, on the AAPM Platform.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
- Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there is no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community.
- Respect the privacy of the members using the AAPM Platform. Information shared on the AAPM Platform must not be shared outside of the community.
- Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals. The community is not the place for promoting products or services that you sell or provide, and you may not sell or attempt to sell products or services via the AAPM Platform.
- You may not use the AAPM Platform to collect leads for your commercial use.
- If you are requesting a review or feedback from other members, you may not require members to ‘opt-in’ to view the content. Please post the content as a PDF, standalone linked document or screenshot.
- You may not collate personal or business information of other members to share for commercial purposes or to sell/provide as leads or marketing lists.
- Use caution when discussing products and services. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments you post may subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and always properly attribute content to the author/creator of it. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It is also advisable to contact the owner of any material and secure their written permission before you reuse or share it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise".
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and re-join under your new email address. Simply change your settings. If unsure, please contact AAPM National Office and we can assist you.
This site is provided as a ‘as is, where is’ service for the members of the Australian Association of Practice Management Ltd (AAPM). Opinions posted to the AAPM Platform are not endorsed by AAPM. AAPM is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others or the accuracy, legality or integrity of any information or material posted. All members agree to take responsibility for their own actions and for any use they make of the AAPM Platform including its content. AAPM is not liable to any member or third party for loss or damage caused by that party’s use of the AAPM Platform, any loss or corruption of data or any damage caused by application of information posted.
By posting material to the AAPM Platform, you warrant you own the copyright in the material or have the permission of the copyright owner for its use.
By posting material to the AAPM Platform, unless you have specifically marked the material otherwise, you grant AAPM and users of the AAPM Platform the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use information or other material you post.
Messages may not be posted if they contain illegal content or if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or by implication leads to price fixing, causes or may cause harm to another business, or any other illegal conduct.
To be clear, messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are not permitted: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
You agree to indemnify and defend us from any claims, damages, liabilities, costs, or expenses (including without limitation court costs, collection costs, and reasonable legal fees) related to:
- your unauthorised use of the AAPM Platform; or
- your breach of these terms.
Suspension or Termination
AAPM does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. AAPM does however reserve the right to take down posts it believes are in breach of these terms.
Nothing in these terms requires AAPM to take action against a user who has breached these rules however AAPM reserves the right to take all appropriate action against some or all users who do not comply with these terms. This may include termination or suspension of a user’s access to the AAPM Platform or, if AAPM in its sole discretion feels the circumstances warrant, reporting a user’s actions on the AAPM Platform to the relevant authorities. If these circumstances arise, by consenting to these terms, you consent to AAPM sharing your personal information, together with relevant user activity on the AAPM Platform, to the relevant authority.
By consenting to be part of the AAPM Practice Community, you consent to your name, qualification and contact email address being made available as part of a searchable directory on the AAPM Practice Community platform or AAPM website.
Any personal information you share on the community platform becomes public information and we are not responsible for use made of this information by others. Please do not post personal information.